Important forms for current students are listed here. Forms/information for the TAMIN Travel Award are provided below.
Forms / General Resources
- TAMIN Graduate Handbook
- TAMIN Student/PI Agreement Memo
- TAMIN Student Rotation Sign-Up Sheet
- TAMIN Student Rotation Evaluation Form
- Annual Committee Meeting Evaluation Form
- Preliminary Exam Checklist
- How to Submit Your Prelim and Proposal
- Roadmap for PhD
TAMIN Travel Award Guidelines and Application
The Texas A&M Institute for Neuroscience Travel Award is supported by the Texas A&M Institute for Neuroscience and by funds provided by Texas A&M University. The purpose of the program is to support graduate student travel to make presentations by reimbursing students for some of the eligible expenses incurred.
- TAMIN Travel Award Application
- TAMIN Travel Award Recipient Reimbursement Form
- TAMIN Rules for Receipts
(1) The applicant must be in good academic standing (3.0 GPR) and registered as a full-time graduate student at TAMU – College Station campus at the time of application and at the time of receiving reimbursement.
(2) Proposed presentations should relate directly to the student’s degree program.
(3) Students must be the presenting author of a poster or oral presentation.
(4) Student’s PI and research must be accomplished under the supervision of a member of the Faculty of Neuroscience who is in good standing.
(5) Applicant must have completed one year of graduate study.
(6) Student is allowed one TAMIN Travel Award per Fiscal Year.
(7) All application materials must be submitted prior to traveling (abstract).
(8) Award recipients are expected to acknowledge the Texas A&M Institute for Neuroscience in their presentation.
Guidelines and Requirements
(1) The applicant should clearly type (<10 point type will not be accepted) on the application form (TAMIN Travel Award Application) the nature and specific objectives of the proposed activities, with emphasis on how the requested funds will be used. Attach a copy of the conference program, invitation, or acceptance of abstract if presenting a paper and/or poster. A copy of the abstract is not mandatory at time of application, but it must be submitted in PDF to Coordinator@tamin.tamu.edu before traveling.
(2) The budget should be brief, but must list the specific items (including breakdown of proposed expenses for travel, lodging, and expenses, etc.) for which support is requested, giving evidence that the requested amount is realistic and the result of thoughtful planning. Give a clear justification if international travel is required. The applicant should not simply list a convenient figure or an overestimate; such budgets do not enhance the chances for favorable consideration and can cause an application to be disqualified.
(3) Funds awarded must be expended by the date noted in the award letter, or they will revert to the Texas A&M Institute for Neuroscience Program. It will not be possible to grant funds to all proposals within the limited budget of the program. Awards will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis, as long as the application meets all guidelines above and is received by the stated deadline (with graduate students being a priority followed by postdocs and in rare cases, undergraduate students). Please visit the TAMIN office for specific guidelines on how to apply for a postdoctoral or undergraduate travel award. Some adjustments may be made by the reviewing committee to ensure an appropriate distribution of awards among students from the various colleges of the University, if necessary.
The maximum awards given for the various categories will be:
|Presentation Award (travel within U.S)||$400|
|TAMIN Students||Based on Award Letter|
(1) Applications should be concise and on the one-page form supplied by TAMIN.
(2) Applications should be signed by the student’s PI and the Department Head/IDP Chair; Signature endorsement verifies: academic merit of the proposed activity; eligibility of the applicant (see Eligibility above). Save the application form PDF to your desktop, type the information into the form, and obtain all required signatures; submit a PDF containing the application form and all required application materials by the deadlines below to Coordinator@tamin.tamu.edu. Review of applications will generally be complete within 3 weeks of each deadline and notifications sent by email. If funding is not sufficient to honor all requests submitted by each deadline below, funds will be awarded to eligible applicants in order of receipt of the application in the TAMIN office preceding each of the deadline dates listed below.
|Application must be received by TAMIN by||For presentation travel starting after|
|October 1||October 1|
|February 1||March 1*|
|May 1||June 1*|
*Must be registered full-time in summer to be eligible
During your travel save all of your receipts. No other form of reimbursement will be allowed. No receipt=No reimbursement. Please see the Rules for Receipts for additional information. Fill out the reimbursement form completely, attach required documentation (including receipts) (see Reimbursement Form; don’t forget to sign it). Submit a PDF containing reimbursement form and all required documentation (INCLUDING all receipts) to Coordinator@tamin.tamu.edu. Reimbursement will be posted to your TAMU account in the form of a scholarship. If you have a balance due on your student account, it will be deducted from this award amount. Any credit amount beyond balances due will be sent to you in the form of direct deposit to be applied towards your research or presentation expenses. Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 30 days of your return date (if travel).
Contact Coordinator@tamin.tamu.edu or call 979-458-0214.